地道美语:成为素食主义者

2019-12-11 09:23:16

Ashley: I’m thinking of becoming a vegetarian. I think it would be the ethical thing to do.
阿什利:我想成为一名素食主义者,我认为这是件道德的事。
Paul: Are you going to eat eggs and dairy? If you’re doing this for ethical reasons, you really should avoid anything made with animal products or animal by-products.
保罗:你准备吃鸡蛋、喝奶?如果是出于道德的原因,你应该避免吃任何动物的产品或者副产品。
Ashley: I guess you’re right.
阿什利:我想你说的对。
Paul: Then you’re going to be a vegan. You won’t be able to eat any milk, butter, cheese, or yogurt.
保罗:那你才会成为一个素食主义者。你不能喝牛奶、吃黄油、奶酪或者酸奶。
Ashley: Really? I guess I’ll have to be a vegan then.
阿什利:真的?我想那时我就真的成为一个素食主义者了。
Paul: You’ll have to eat a varied diet so you don’t have a vitamin deficiency.
保罗:如果不想要维生素缺失,你需要饮食丰富多样。
Ashley: Yes, I’ll have to guard against that.
阿什利:是的,我需要防止营养不良。
Paul: Are you going to avoid buying things that are animal-derived, too? Like leather shoes and belts?
保罗:那你会避免购买动物制品吗?像皮鞋和皮带?
Ashley: I hadn’t thought of that. I suppose I should.
阿什利:我没想过那些,我想我应该会。
Paul: Are you having second thoughts?
保罗:你有没有仔细想过?
Ashley: No, I just didn’t know there would be so many restrictions.
阿什利:不,我不知道还会有那么多限制。
Paul: Just be glad you didn’t choose to become a fruitarian.
保罗:很高兴你不没有选择成为一个水果主义者。
Ashley: What’s that?
阿什利:那是什么?
Paul: You don’t want to know.
保罗:你不想要知道。