生活英语口语 人生的阶段

2019-11-17 10:44:55

Emma: You know, Aiden, I don’t know much about you. Where were you born?

爱玛: 你知道吗艾登,我不太了解你。你是在哪儿出生的?

Aiden: I was born in London, but I spent most of my childhood in Hong Kong.

艾登: 我是在伦敦出生,在香港长大。

E: What was your childhood like?

你小时候过的怎么样?

A: I had a pretty strict upbringing, and my parents and I were always fighting about it.

小时候家教很严,那是我经常为这个和我父母对着干。

E: Do you get along with your parents now?

那你现在和父母处的怎么样了?

A: Oh sure. Once they reached middle age, they became a lot less uptight.

哦,好多了。人近中年,心态就平和多了。

E: Where did you go to university?

你在哪儿上的大学?

A: My parents wanted me to stay in Hong Kong, but I decided to go back to England. I graduated from Oxford University with a degree in English literature.

我父母想让我留在香港,可是我自己决定回英国。后来我从牛津大学毕业并且拿到了一个有关英国文学的学位。

E: what is your current occupation?

那你现在做什么工作呢?

A: I’m a freelance writer. I write magazine articles and fiction books.

我是个自由撰稿人。给杂志写点文章,也写些小说。

E: Did you always know that you wanted to be a writer?

当作家是你一直以来的愿望吗?

A: Do, I didn’t. I was an English teacher for about five years, but by the time I was 30, I decided I wanted a fresh challenge.

不是。我以前做过5年的英语老师。后来30岁那年,我觉得自己需要个新鲜的挑战。

E: How did you start writing?

那你是如何踏上写作之路的呢?

A: I started writing magazine articles for fun and eventually was asked to write a book, so I was pretty lucky.

起初我只是给杂志写点小文章,写着玩。后来就有人请我写书。其实我挺幸运的。

E: Are you writing a book now?

你手头上有正在写的书吗?

A: Yes, it’s about a group of friends living in a foreign country and all the strange experiences they have.

有的。是一本关于几个朋友生活在异地他乡的奇特经历。

E: Sounds interesting.

听起来很有意思。