地道美语:铤而走险边境走私

2019-11-12 09:32:31

  Christina: What is the holdup? There are cars backed up for half a mile. 
  克里斯汀娜:怎么会塞车?后边堵着的车都有半英里了。
  Harry: I bet the border patrol is looking for smugglers.

  哈里:我猜边境巡逻在查走私。

  Christina: Do you really think so? I wonder if there could be a drug mule in one of these cars carrying illegal drugs.

  克里斯汀娜:你真这么想?我猜这么多车里有一个携带毒品的毒贩。

  Harry: It might be drugs, but it could be any kind of contraband. I’ve heard that there’s a problem with gunrunning and other kinds of arms trafficking across these borders.

  哈里:可能是毒品,也可能是任何违禁品,我听说这里有人走私军火,也有人武器。

  Christina: Maybe they’re looking for people trying to sneak into this country without permission.

  克里斯汀娜:可能他们在查没有入境许可,但试图潜入入境的人。

  Harry: Or they could be looking for people trying to import exotic species without permission.

  哈里:或者他们在找没有许可,却携带珍惜物种的人。

  Christina: What kinds of exotic species?

  克里斯汀娜:哪种珍惜物种?

  Harry: Plants and animals that aren’t allowed to be brought into this country, at least not without quarantine.

  哈里:不允许把动植物带到这个国家,至少没隔离不让带。

  Christina: Plants? You mean like these herb plants I bought?

  克里斯汀娜:植物?你是说我买的这些药草吗?

  Harry: I doubt if they’re prohibited. Wait, you can’t leave the car!

  哈里:我怀疑他们是不是被禁止的。等一下,你不能下车!

  Christina: What if this is contraband and they catch me with it?

  克里斯汀娜:如果这是禁运品,他们会抓我吗?

  Harry: They’ll confiscate it and send us on our way.

  哈里:他们会没收物品,然后让我们走。

  Christina: Are you sure?

  克里斯汀娜:你确定吗?

  Harry: Sure, I’m sure. They’d be much more interested in the bats I’m smuggling in my pants anyway.

  哈里:确定,我确定,他们一定对我口袋里走私的蝙蝠更感兴趣。

  Christina: What?!

  克里斯汀娜:什么?!

相关推荐