地道美语:找一个室友

2019-10-16 18:35:15

Carlos: Now that your boyfriend has moved out, you need a roommate. There’s no way you can afford this apartment on your own.
卡洛斯:既然你的男朋友已经搬出去了,那你需要一个室友。你自己没办法承担这个公寓的房租。
Inez: I know, but I really don’t want to live with a stranger. I’d have to put up with all of their quirks.
伊内兹:我知道,但是我真不想跟一个陌生人住在一起。我还得忍受他们的怪癖。
Carlos: I don’t think you have a choice. You need someone to split the rent and the cost of utilities, not to mention your cable bill.
卡洛斯:我认为你没有选择。你需要有个人来分担租金、水电费,更不用说有线电视费用了。
Inez: I’d need someone who could keep the common areas neat and clean, and who can keep their hands off my stuff.
伊内兹:我想让室友保持公共区域的整洁,而且不能触碰我的东西。
Carlos: I’m sure you’ll manage to find someone with those qualities.
卡洛斯:我敢肯定你会找到符合这些条件的人。
Inez: They’d have to help with chores around the apartment, too, and pitch in with general upkeep.
伊内兹:他们还得做些公寓里琐碎的事,要做一些维修保养工作。
Carlos: No doubt there’s someone out there who wouldn’t mind doing that.
卡洛斯:毫无疑问,肯定会有人不介意做这些工作。
Inez: Hey, aren’t you looking for a place to live? You could move in here.
伊内兹:嘿,你不是要找地方住吗?可以搬到这里来住。
Carlos: You mean share an apartment with you? No thanks.
卡洛斯:你是说跟你合租一个公寓?不了,谢谢!
Inez: Why not?
伊内兹:为什么不?
Carlos: I’d just rather not. I don’t think we’d suit.
卡洛斯:我还是不一起住了,我认为我们不合适。
Inez: Why wouldn’t we?
伊内兹:为什么不合适?
Carlos: Do you really want me to spell it out for you?
卡洛斯:你真的想知道?
Inez: Yes, in fact, I insist.
伊内兹:是的,而且我很坚持。
Carlos: All right. Let’s just say that you’re a little bit grouchy in the mornings. You know that monster in the Alien movies?
卡洛斯:好的,你早晨有点不开心,你知道《异形》电影中的怪物吗?
Inesz: Yes. [silence.]
伊内兹:是的。
Carlos: Ouch! Ouch! Stop hitting me!
卡洛斯:哇噢,不要打我了。